Over the past year, Britons have rediscovered their love for the UK, and with the holidays remaining a popular travel alternative after the lockdown, Sony and Rough Guides, the publisher of travel guides, have teamed up to publish a series of 2022 travel guide photos featuring the country’s most spectacular streets, all shot with Sony’s latest Xperia 1 III.
Whether it is the middle of the 19 e Bristol’s medieval Century Christmas Steps or Glasgow’s cobbled West End alley, these hidden streets are incredibly picturesque and are great additions to the UK’s bucket list.
The full list of the 20 most breathtaking streets in the UK to explore in 2022:
- Conduit Mews, near Paddington
- Brick path
- Godwin Court, Covent Garden
North of England:
- Main Street in Haworth, West Yorkshire
- Eastgate Street, Chester
- Les Shambles, York
- Steep Hill, Lincoln
- Main Street, Hathersage, Derbyshire
- Elm Hill, Norwich
- Golden Hill, Shaftesbury
South West :
- Gandy Street, Exeter, Devon
- Christmas Steps, Bristol
South of England:
- Sirens Street, Rye
- Harbor Street, Whitstable, Kent
- Smithfield Street, Dolgellau
- Lower Gate Street, Conway
- Mary King’s Close, Edinburgh
- The Royal Mile, Edinburgh
- Ashton Lane, Glasgow
- Main Street, Tobermory, Mull
Amy Hopkins of Rough Guides said: “From architectural icons like Brick Lane in London to lesser-known beauty spots like the village of Hathersage in Derbyshire, the editors of Rough Guides bring you the UK’s most inspiring places to visit. exceptional street photography in collaboration with Sony. Some, like charming Mermaid Street in Rye, are straight out of a storybook, while others are frozen in time, like the maze of 17th-century streets that make up Edinburgh’s Mary King’s Close. From the iconic to the weirdest, Rough Guides’ carefully curated roster has something for every photographer and thanks to Sony truly understanding cameras, you can embark on your own UK street photography adventure.
Professional photographer, Charlotte graham , shares her tips on how to capture the perfect street photo:
- Use natural light whenever possible . The beauty of street photography is that you can visit a place at sunrise, at noon, at sunset, or even at night and you will get completely different images every time. The Sony Xperia 1 III has a larger sensor and BIONZ X ™ for mobile to deliver fabulous results in all lighting conditions. The only thing you need to do is find the best position for the photo you want to capture.
- Photography Pro is a must have for street photography. Taking pictures like a professional photographer, even if you have no previous experience, is much easier with the Xperia 1 III where you will find all the controls usually found on professional cameras, helping you to be as creative as you want. . I would recommend shooting in RAW first and then using all the editing tools built into the phone. Typically, I reduce highlights and reduce shadows when editing.
- Use the rule of thirds to compose your photo. Imagine that your photo is divided into a grid of nine squares, then position the key elements of the shot along the grid to get the best composition. Get down on the ground, stand on a bench, or cross the road and remember that a little framing does a lot of good.
- Experiment with exposure and shutter speed . Street photography changes completely when you have a subject – whether it’s a flight of pigeons or a passing cyclist. The Xperia 1 III offers continuous burst shooting up to 20 fps, with autofocus and autoexposure, meaning you can capture all those fleeting moments for truly original shots. Also, try slowing down the shutter speed to give the image a blurry appearance.
- Get the most out of camera lenses. Sometimes pointing and shooting produces great results. Other times it is worth experimenting with the different lenses. The Xperia 1 III has four versatile lenses housed in its triple camera, allowing you to create completely different shots without even moving from your location. I like to use the 70mm lens for a close-up, while the 16mm is perfect for a wider shot of the surrounding environment.