Tired of the same old wallpaper? Change things up by setting a Live Photo as wallpaper on your iPhone screen. Live Photos are the perfect way to rewind and relive a moment, as the images are actually three-second video recordings.
Read on to learn how you can take a live photo, set it as wallpaper, and convert videos and still images to live photography for other live wallpapers.
How to Set Live Wallpaper on iPhone
You can choose from one of iPhone’s default Live Photos or choose one from your own photo album. Follow these steps to set a Live Photo as wallpaper on your iPhone:
- Open Settings and go to Wallpaper.
- Press on Choose a new wallpaper.
- If you want to choose from one of iPhone’s pre-existing live wallpapers, tap inhabit of the top three albums.
- If you want to use your own Live Photo, scroll down and select the album named Live Photos.
- Choose the photo you want and press Together. You can choose to set it for your lock screen, home screen, or both.
This live photo album will not be present if you have not taken live photos on your device. Read on to find out how you can take Live Photos on your iPhone.
How to take a live photo
When you choose to take a Live Photo from your iPhone’s camera, your iPhone will record what happens for 1.5 seconds before and after the photo is taken, creating a three-second Live Photo . The process is almost the same as taking a typical photo. Here’s how you can take your own Live Photo on your iPhone:
- Open the Camera application.
- Press on Photo to make sure your camera is on photo mode.
- In the upper right corner, you will see an icon with concentric circles and a slash on it. Press it. You will notice that the icon has turned yellow and a pop-up window saying inhabit appears at the top of your screen for a few seconds. This means Live Photo mode is now enabled.
You can now take photos just as you normally would. If you want to see the Live Photo you took, all you have to do is open the image and tap and hold it to see the full three seconds. You can even edit your photos live and add fun effects like looping or bouncing by tapping inhabit in the upper left corner of a Live Photo.
Can you convert a still photo or video to a live photo
There’s no direct way to do this as of iOS 15, but there are third-party apps that let you convert videos to Live Photos in case you want to use a video as your live wallpaper.
Apps like live and shoot live lets you convert still photos and videos to live photos. There are a range of excellent apps on the App Store that do the job quite effectively. With these apps, you can even convert GIF to Live Photo for wallpaper. What’s better than your favorite meme on your lock screen, right?
Live in the moment with live wallpapers on your iPhone
With just a few quick steps, you can set an aesthetic Live Photo as your iPhone wallpaper. The settings app allows you to choose fantastic wallpapers from your device’s pre-existing collection or from an automatically created Live Photo album on your device.
If you don’t have Live Photos yet, don’t worry. Open the Camera app, enable the feature, and tap the shutter to take as many as you want. Third-party apps even let you convert videos, GIFs, and still photos to Live Photos to use as wallpapers.
Although you might not think it, there are several ways to take long exposure photos with an iPhone.
About the Author