How to Turn Video or GIF into Live Photo on iPhone 2022
This tutorial explains how to turn a video or GIF into a Live Photo on iPhone. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Turn Video or GIF into Live Photo on iPhone. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Turn Video or GIF into Live Photo on iPhone
Could you at some point create a GIF from a Live Photo? In fact, you can turn a Live Photo into a GIF, Bounce or Loop, in the Photos app on your iPhone. Here’s how to create a GIF from Live Photos.
Live photos to videos and videos to live photos
Live Photos is not always compatible with social media platforms. While Facebook supports live photo sharing, Instagram has yet to develop this capability. For this reason, many users convert Live Photos to videos (or vice versa) to share them on the platform of their choice. In this section, we are going to go through all the ways to turn a Live Photo into a video and vice versa.
How to Save Live Photo as Video in iOS 13 or Later
Fortunately, Apple has made it easier than ever to turn a Live Photo into a video. If your iPhone is iOS 13 or later, here’s how:
- Open the pictures.
- Navigate to the Live Photo you want to convert.
- Tap the share button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Save as Video.
Your newly converted video will be saved in your Videos folder at the time it was originally taken. If you want to give it a touch-up (like removing background noise), try one of these video enhancer apps we like.
How to Turn Live Photo into Video with iOS Shortcuts
There’s an even faster way to convert Live Photos to videos using Apple’s Shortcuts app and the Convert Live Photos to Video shortcut. After saving the shortcut to your Shortcuts Gallery, which you can do by opening the link above in your iPhone’s web browser, you should ensure that the setting is enabled to allow untrusted shortcuts. Here’s how:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and select Shortcuts.
- Change the Allow untrusted shortcuts option to On.
Now that you’ve saved your Convert Live Photo to Video shortcut and your settings are ready, here’s how to convert Live Photo to video via shortcuts:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Convert Live Photos to Video shortcut.
- Navigate to the Live Photo you want to convert.
- Select it.
From there, Shortcuts will automatically convert your Live Photo to video and save it to your Camera Roll. You can find the video in your Recent album.
How to turn a video into Live Photo with Into Live
Now, if you want to change that and turn a video into a Live Photo, you’ll have to expand your search outside of Apple’s pre-downloaded apps and find a third-party tool like Into Live. Into Live is a free app that lets you convert your videos or GIFs into live photos so you can use them as your iPhone live wallpaper. Here’s how to use the app to turn video into a live photo.
- Open the Into Live app.
- Scroll up and select the video you want to use.
- Use the tools to edit video by adding filters, changing background color, adjusting speed, zooming or mute.
- When you’re done editing, tap Create in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the number of repeats you want Live Photo to do.
- Tap Save Live Photo.
Your new Live Photo will be saved to your camera roll. Although the app is free to download and use, in-app purchases are available for editing tools, filters, and repeating loops.
Live Photo to GIF and vice versa
In addition to turning a Live Photo into a video, you can also turn it into a GIF. In this section, we’ll go over the many ways to turn a Live Photo into a GIF and vice versa.
How to Turn a Live Photo into a GIF with iOS Shortcuts
One of the easiest ways to turn a Live Photo into a GIF is to use iOS shortcuts. Since this shortcut is already available in the shortcut gallery, you don’t need to download any additional shortcuts or third-party tools. Here’s how to turn a Live Photo into a GIF via shortcuts.
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- Tap the Gallery button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Type “Create a GIF” in the search bar.
- Tap the Create GIF shortcut.
- Tap Add Shortcut.
- Next, tap My Shortcuts at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the Create GIF shortcut and tap it.
- Tap the play button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the Live Photo you want to use and select it.
The shortcut will run and your new GIF will be saved to your Camera Roll.
How to turn a Live Photo into a GIF with Lively
Another option to convert your Live Photos to GIFs is to use a free third-party tool like Lively. Lively is a free app that converts Live Photos into GIFs so you can save them and use them however you see fit. Here’s how to use it to turn your Live Photo into a GIF.
- Open the Lively app.
- Find the Live Photo you want to use.
- Tap Export GIF at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Save.
From there, your new GIF will be saved to your camera roll. Although Lively is free to download and use, you will need to pay a fee to remove the watermark.
How to Convert GIF to Live Photos with GIPHY
If you want to do the opposite and turn a GIF into a Live Photo, you’ll need to seek help from a third-party app like GIPHY, free to download from the App Store. Here’s how to use GIPHY to turn a GIF into a Live Photo.
- Open GIPHY.
- Search among trending GIFs or use the search bar at the bottom center of the screen to find the one you want to use.
- Select your desired GIF.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the right of the screen.
- Select Convert to Live Photo.
- Choose the Full Screen or Fit to Screen option.
Final Words: How to Turn a Video or GIF into a Live Photo on iPhone
Hope you understand this article How to Turn Video or GIF into Live Photo on iPhone, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.