How to copy text from a photo in Microsoft OneNote 2022
This tutorial is about how to copy text from photo in Microsoft OneNote. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Copy Text from a Photo in Microsoft OneNote. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to copy text from photo in Microsoft OneNote
In addition to extracting text from images, you can extract text from screenshots you take. This is useful when you want to capture text that you normally cannot copy by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl+C. For example, you can take a screenshot of a drop-down list on a webpage or a list of files displayed in Windows Explorer, then extract the text from the screenshot. There are instances where we come across a photo that contains valuable inscribed text that we want to copy. It is possible to read and enter it manually. But sometimes it can take too long. In some cases, the text is not as legible or looks garbled, so we can copy it exactly.
Microsoft OneNote uses a tool called optical character recognition, or OCR, which automatically copies text from an image. You can also extract and convert texts from the print image of the file you receive from others. After copying, it’s easier to paste them into your notes to edit or save. It saves you time and you have the text in its exact form.
Copy text from individual pictures in OneNote
It’s an easy process to copy text from a single saved image into your OneNote notes, but you’ll need the desktop version of OneNote to do this, rather than the Windows 10 UWP app for OneNote. Unfortunately, the OneNote UWP app is less feature-rich and lacks the ability to convert images to text. You can download the desktop version of OneNote for free or use the web version of OneNote to convert your images.
- If you’re using the desktop version of OneNote, open the section of your notebook that contains a picture. To copy the text from the image, right-click on the image and then click the Copy text from image option.]
- The text in your image will be saved to your clipboard. You can paste it into your OneNote notebook or elsewhere.
- To paste content into OneNote, right-click and select one of the paste options, or press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
Copy text from printouts of files in OneNote
Content from other files, such as PDFs, can be inserted into OneNote notebooks as file printouts. The pages of these embedded files appear as images that cannot be directly edited.
One way to work around this problem is to insert a hard copy of the file and then convert the inserted images to text. This assumes that your file printouts contain human-readable text that can be converted using OCR.
- First, you’ll need to open your OneNote document and insert a hard copy of the file. Open OneNote and on the ribbon bar, tap Insert > Print from File.
- Select the file you want to insert, such as a PDF file, then tap Insert to insert the file’s pages as images into your OneNote notebook.
- After a few moments, OneNote will insert the pages into your document. Once the pages are inserted, you can copy the text of a single page or all pages at once.
- To do this, right-click on the chosen image and press the Copy text from this page from print option. If you want to copy text from all images, right-click one of the images and choose Copy text from all pages in the printout instead.
- The text in your images will be saved to your clipboard. You can paste it directly into OneNote by right-clicking in your notebook and clicking a paste option.
- You can also paste by pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
Final Words: How to Copy Text from a Photo in Microsoft OneNote
I hope you understand this article How to Copy Text from a Photo in Microsoft OneNote, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.