How to Convert Photo to PDF on iPhone (Quick and Easy)
iPhones store many types of images. Photos taken with the camera are saved in HEIC format, screenshots in PNG format, and most images downloaded from the Internet are in JPG format.
These formats are compatible on most major platforms, but sometimes it may be necessary to integrate them into any type of work or educational documentation in PDF format.
Most people who want to convert photos to PDF immediately look for third-party apps, not realizing that it can be done with native iOS tools. Not only is the functionality to do this built right into the operating system, but there are also several ways to achieve this goal.
Let’s take a look at three quick and easy methods that let you convert a photo to PDF on your iPhone:
Convert by saving as PDF with Files app
This is a super easy way to not only convert images to PDF, but also convert multiple images at once, using just one Photos app available on every iPhone device.
1. To apply this method, all you have to do is enter the Photos application of the iPhone and click on the To select option in the upper right corner. This will allow you to click on the images you want to convert, selecting one or more of them.
2. Once all the images have been selected, press the share icon (an upper open square with an upward pointing arrow coming out of it). A menu with a wide variety of sharing methods will present itself.
3. Once it’s done, scroll down until you see a Save to files option from the list and select it. You will be presented with a list of choices where you will want to save this file, so choose On my iPhone.
4. Click on the folder with the most in the upper right corner to create a new folder for your saved file and name it or simply choose a destination folder you are comfortable with from the list.
5. With the folder selected, click the Save icon at the top right, and the selected images will be saved to the chosen destination.
6. Now enter your Files app and locate the folder where you just saved your files. Select the files you need to convert, then select the ellipsis in a blue circle at the bottom right.
seven. You will be presented with a menu that will allow you to perform a few actions with these files, including copy, compress, and which one you will now select: Create PDF.
PDF files will be generated (although the process is not immediate but rather after 5-10 seconds. Files will be converted in the order of their filenames.
Conversion with the Photos app
If you want an even faster way to convert your images to PDF, start over in the Photos app.
1. Select the image you want to convert as with the first method (tap the Select option if you are trying to convert multiples).
2. Once all the interesting elements have been chosen, click on the To share (the box with the up arrow protruding), and from the options given, select Print.
3. Once you hit to print, you will need to perform a “zoom in” gesture on the screen image by dragging your fingers in two directions.
4. The gesture will convert your image to PDF right on the spot.
5. You can then click on the to share on this screen and direct the PDF to the save in the Files app or to print it.
Converting with the Apple Books app
This method is not often talked about but is just as effective and of the same nature as the others, but perhaps even simpler. With this method, you can take advantage of the features of the Apple Books app to convert images to PDF.
1. From the Photo app on your iPhone, select the images to convert and then tap on the previously mentioned to share icon.
2. In the options to share options, click the box with the ellipsis that reads Following below. Then select Books from the list of suggestions.
Selecting this option will automatically convert your chosen file(s) to PDF format and open as such in your device’s Books app.
When you explore your book library collection, you will be able to find the newly formed PDF images below.
You can access these PDF files on other devices if you have enabled iCloud sync on your iPhone.
Whichever method you choose to use, converting images to PDF on an iPhone is incredibly easy and doesn’t require the use of third-party software.
Of course, if you’d rather do that, there are most certainly a handful of great third-party apps like Photo to PDF Converter and Scanner and Photos PDF: Scanner Converter. These applications will also allow you to convert your photos into PDF files quickly and efficiently.
Some apps require you to pay for the full version, which might not be worth it since there are several native iPhone methods to perform the same action with comparable results.