Horizon Forbidden West: Patch 1.07 Includes New Photo Mode Options, Performance Mode Improvements, And More
Horizon Forbidden West is a huge game, and if you’re still tinkering with it, the latest update, patch 1.07, is going to make that experience even better.
Now live, patch 1.07 brings a ton of bug fixes, new photo mode options, improvements to the game’s Favor performance mode, and more. As usual, it also includes a breakdown of known issues and team status updates to address them.
“Patch 1.07 is out,” Guerilla writes in a Tweeter. “This patch includes an ‘Always off’ option for weapons and ammo, as well as tools and potions in the custom HUD options, a fix for talking to Porguf during the ‘Breaking Even’ side quest and more. We’ve made several changes to vegetation to improve image quality in Boost Performance mode and will continue to investigate reported graphical issues with screen flickering, sharpness, and saturation.”
As for the additions to Horizon Forbidden West’s photo mode, here’s what to expect:
You can also find new photo mode options in the patch!
– Minimum focus distance has been reduced to 5cm
– Increased accuracy in accuracy mode
– Added many more focal lengths to cover the range between 10mm and 300mm in 35mm full frame
…and more! #VirtualPhotography
— Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) March 9, 2022
Here are the fixes and improvements live in Patch 1.07According to the Guerrilla Games patch notes:
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Reach for the Stars” where the quest would not progress correctly if the second shuttle cable connector was pulled first.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Reach for the Stars” where the player could leave the play space.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Embassy” where dashing through the Barren Light doorway during the Embassy would get the player stuck in Barren Light.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Death’s Gate” where the player could summon his mount in an underground location.
- Fixed an issue in the “Death’s Door” main quest where the player could not interact with a console.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Sea of Sand” where the Diving Mask crafting objective was not updating correctly, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the Main Quest “Thebes” where the player could sneak through a hole in the geometry near the Underwater Power Plant and fall out of world.
- Fixed an issue in the “Breaking Even” side quest where the player could not talk to Porguf to complete the quest if Talanah was also present at Camp Nowhere.
- Fixed an issue in the “Shadow in the West” side quest where reloading a save could cause the player to respawn outside of a closed combat space.
- Fixed an issue in the “Blood Choke” side quest where Atekka could idle unresponsive outside of Thornmarsh if the player approached from a certain direction.
- Fixed an issue in the “A Soldier’s March” side quest where Penttoh could become unresponsive while moving towards the top of the mountain, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in “The Second Verse” side quest where the “Talk to Zo” objective would not update after abandoning the side quest halfway through.
- Fixed an issue in the “Nights of Lights” side quest where the “Gather the Gizmo” objective was not updating.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Races where in rare cases the race would not start after completing a Practice Race.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Races where coming in last place could count as a win.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run: The Stillsands where the player could be prompted to play the activity before the activity could begin.
- Fixed an issue with the Elusive Fanghorn Rescue Contract where the quest would sometimes not complete properly.
- Fixed an issue with the Elusive Fanghorn Rescue Contract where machine trails would not display if the player moved away quickly during the objective.
- Fixed an issue with the “Ravager Cannon” Salvage Contract where the objective would not update properly if the player detaches one of the cannons with a high damage and high tears attack.
- Fixed an issue with Camp Eastern Lie Regalla where loading a save made at Campfire would place Aloy at a different Campfire.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract Ancient Relics where the “Gather Ancient Relics” objective would get stuck on 2/3.
- Fixed an issue in Regalla Camp Devil’s Grasp where enemies could not respawn after reloading a save during the “Kill the Rebel Leader” objective.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Outpost Jagged Deep where the player could teleport across the map when reloading a save.
- Fixed an issue in Sunken Cavern: The Gouge where the player could swim through a gap in the cave wall.
User Interface/User Experience
- Added an “Always Off” option for Weapons and Ammo, as well as Tools and Potions in Custom HUD options.
- Fixed several outfit icons using the incorrect assets in the inventory menu.
- Fixed an issue with the map where unnatural movement would occur when centering the view on the player or on a quest objective.
- Added smoother transition between Tropospheric and Cirrus cloud layers, and better coloring matching of Anvil and Cirrus supercells.
- Fixed an issue with the Very Large Array Tallneck where the model would show low level detail at a certain distance.
- Made several adjustments to vegetation to improve image quality in Boost Performance mode.
- Fixed an instance of flickering white lights in the Main Quest “Death’s Gate”.
- Improved depth of field stability during cutscenes.
- Reduced SSAO progression artifacts in extreme close-up situations
- Reduced saturation changes on motion blur.
- Improved shadow quality and stability.
- Improved grass quality in specific situations.
Performance and stability
- Several crash fixes.
- Fixed several cases where NPCs and textures would visibly flock to PS4™ when approaching a settlement at high speed.
- Fixed several cases where loading screens or black screens would trigger unintentionally.
- Fixed a streaming issue after skipping the end credits sequence.
Photo mode improvements
- Increased precision in precision mode to allow much more control when aiming and moving the camera, especially when using long focal lengths and large apertures.
- The minimum focusing distance has been reduced to 5cm, allowing for more creative shots and macro photography.
- Changing from full-frame 35mm film, for clearer focal length and DOF translation, and more intuitive selection of focal lengths for virtual photographers.
- Added many more focal lengths to cover the range between 10mm and 300mm in full frame 35mm allowing for more creative expressions.
- Added FoV matching for default camera.
- Increased the radius that photographers can use around Aloy from 5 to 10 meters.
- Various small quality of life improvements.
- Autofocus rectangle and Rule of Thirds grid are now hidden when using the Hide UI option.
- Fixed an issue where a moire effect could be visible on characters’ skin during close-ups.
- Fixed a camera collision issue that would sometimes occur when the player was mounted and maneuvering near obstacles of a certain height.
- Fixed several animation issues with NPCs in settlements.
- Slightly increased the ammo cost of the Propelled Spike weapon skill for game balance reasons.
- Fixed a case where Aloy could get stuck inside geometry in the Memorial Grove settlement when trying to jump through a gap in the wall.
- Fixed an issue where the game appeared to freeze briefly after skipping the end credits sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the PS5 OS “Game Presets” difficulty overrides the in-game difficulty level.
- Fixed an issue where interactable objects would sometimes lose collision, causing the player to fall through the object.
- Fixed an issue where the player could fall through the world while fast traveling on a mount.
And here are the known issuesaccording to Guerrilla Games:
“We are currently investigating several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet resolved in this patch, but our teams are investigating them as a priority.”
- In this patch, the team made several changes to vegetation to improve image quality in Boost Performance mode. Please let us know your comments. The team will continue to investigate reported graphical issues regarding screen flickering, sharpness, and saturation.
- Some players have reported that Firegleam icons are not being removed from the map after interacting with them. it will be fixed soon!
- Some players have reported that certain music tracks keep repeating themselves while playing. We’ve included a partial fix to prevent this issue from occurring in patch 1.06, but we’re still working on a fix for players who are experiencing this issue. If you encounter this issue, please use the support form to submit a video showing where and when the music can be heard.
For more on Horizon Forbidden West, read game informant Horizon Forbidden West examines and then finds out why Aloy is on game informant list of top 10 heroes of this generation. Find out why Horizon Forbidden West is enabled game informant list of best open world games to play now after that.
Are there any Horizon Forbidden West fixes you’re looking for? Let us know in the comments below!