A photo mode has been added to GRID Legends
Now you can create great photos in GRID Legends across a wide variety of cars, tracks, weather conditions, and game modes, thanks to a new photo mode.
The game features a diverse car roster that can be paired with multiple different tracks, weather conditions, and even multi-class races to provide some of the most unique virtual driving experiences around.
It was a shame then, that aside from publisher Electronic Art’s eye-catching media images, there wasn’t an easy way to snap a cute in-game photo to show off its more exuberant side.
Luckily, that has now changed due to today’s update, July 7th.
When viewing a replay in any game mode, there is now a photo option. It’s ‘Y’ on an Xbox controller and Triangle on a PlayStation.
This will then open an extensive photo mode menu where you can move around the camera and change settings such as exposure, depth of field, shutter speed, zoom and apply visual filters. The options available seem almost identical to those of the F1 2021 and F1 22 games, which is not a bad thing.
Every image in this article was taken in-game using the new photo mode. Players can also enter a contest that runs from July 8 to August 7, with winning images eligible to be added to the game. Those who have played Codemasters’ DIRT 5 game will recall that community images have been added to loading screens. via a post-release update.
The version 3.2 update also added summer-themed liveries, allows the option to use flashback for weekly and monthly challenges, and several achievement and career events now unlock correctly. The full changelog is below.
GRID Legends v3.2 Update Changelog
- Photo mode added
- Some additional “Summer” livery models have been added
- Various situations that would cause the game to crash have been resolved
- Several instances of flickering vehicles or textures have been fixed
- Several issues with player logos have been fixed
- Several other minor bugfixes have been made
- “Whip”, “Demolished”, and “Transformed” achievements no longer unlock correctly
- Disabling the AI will no longer instantly end a Classic Car-Nage event when set to “Offline”.
- Flashbacks are now enabled in weekly and monthly challenges
- The Fordzilla event no longer appears multiple times on the home screen
- Observing Classic Car-Nage events now shows when others are destroyed
- Changing logo will now update logo colors on weekly and monthly leaderboards
- Players no longer spawn with yellow health bars in Classic Car-Nage events
- Cross-play users can now be invited back to a lobby they may have previously left
- Watching an eliminated driver in elimination events no longer causes camera issues
Leads to fame and career
- Event “Fully Upgraded – Renault R26” now unlocks correctly
- Event objective “Semi-Pro Touring Cars – Fully Upgraded – Classic Touring Car” now unlocks correctly
- Completing the “Fully Improved – Amateur Track Day” objective now correctly passes
- Completing Semi-Pro career events no longer locks Gauntlet events
- Fixed damage registration issues at different speeds
- Getting disqualified during ‘Catch my Drift?’ no longer passes the target
- Completed career events now correctly add to the progress bar
- Trophy icons no longer overlap on Driven to Glory results screens
- Screen no longer blurs when colliding with barriers and using Flashback
- “Motion Blur” setting now works correctly
- Several adjustments to AI behaviors have been made
Art and visual effects/UI
- Fireworks no longer stop working after the first Driven to Glory event on PS5
- The headlights of classic Car-Nage vehicles are now more visible at all times of the day
- Damaged body panels no longer appear intact from inside the Jupiter Freighter
- Headlights of other cars can no longer be seen through tire walls/roads in wet conditions
- Yellow ‘!’ the notification no longer appears incorrectly in the logo editor
- Adjustments to some settings in Race Creator are no longer extremely sensitive
- Vehicle thumbnails are no longer missing in Race Creator
- Debug text no longer displays in some cases
- Several translation and wording changes have been made
- Cases of repeated radio calls by Yume have been resolved
Source: GRID legends